Tongan man dies after being electrocuted

A 22 years old man from Haʻavakatolo was allegedly killed by the electric current from a washing machine he was using.

Radio Tonga report says the man was Suliasi Tonga Maʻasi and although the cause of his death has yet to be officially confirmed his mother, ʻEtina Maʻasi said he was electrocuted while he was doing the washing.

He was rushed to the hospital but allegedly died on arrival.

Suliasi was married and he has a 5 months old daughter.

In February this year a man was electrocuted near the Royal Tombs in Nukuʻalofa.

It was said that the man reached out and pushed a low lying power line in which he was immediately shocked.

Sometimes when a business is growing, it needs a little help.

Right now Kaniva News provides a free, politically independent, bilingual news service for readers around the world that is absolutely unique. We are the largest New Zealand-based Tongan news service, and our stories reach Tongans  wherever they are round the world. But as we grow, there are increased demands on Kaniva News for translation into Tongan on our social media accounts and for the costs associated with expansion. We believe it is important for Tongans to have their own voice and for Tongans to preserve their language, customs and heritage. That is something to which we are strongly committed. That’s why we are asking you to consider sponsoring our work and helping to preserve a uniquely Tongan point of view for our readers and listeners.

Latest news

Related news