Three-year-old child dies after being electrocuted by faulty phone charging cable

A three-year-old boy was apparently killed by a faulty phone charger Monday 26 in Longoteme.

Police believe the cellphone charging cable was broken while it was plugged into the charger.

The child was allegedly playing and touching the broken cable before he was being electrocuted .

The victim was rushed to hospital in which he was pronounced dead.

Police investigation was ongoing.

Sometimes when a business is growing, it needs a little help.

Right now Kaniva News provides a free, politically independent, bilingual news service for readers around the world that is absolutely unique. We are the largest New Zealand-based Tongan news service, and our stories reach Tongans  wherever they are round the world. But as we grow, there are increased demands on Kaniva News for translation into Tongan on our social media accounts and for the costs associated with expansion. We believe it is important for Tongans to have their own voice and for Tongans to preserve their language, customs and heritage. That is something to which we are strongly committed. That’s why we are asking you to consider sponsoring our work and helping to preserve a uniquely Tongan point of view for our readers and listeners.

Latest news

Related news