20 youth rushed to hospital after food poisoning outbreak

About 20 youths from Liahona in Tonga have been taken to Vaiola  hospital yesterday after an outbreak of alleged food poisoning.

Authorities have yet to identify what had caused the poisoning but a medical officer at Vaiola told Radio Tonga food the youth bought and ate at one of the restaurants in Nuku’alofa might have been the cause.

The youth were released after they were seen by medical officers.

Sometimes when a business is growing, it needs a little help.

Right now Kaniva News provides a free, politically independent, bilingual news service for readers around the world that is absolutely unique. We are the largest New Zealand-based Tongan news service, and our stories reach Tongans  wherever they are round the world. But as we grow, there are increased demands on Kaniva News for translation into Tongan on our social media accounts and for the costs associated with expansion. We believe it is important for Tongans to have their own voice and for Tongans to preserve their language, customs and heritage. That is something to which we are strongly committed. That’s why we are asking you to consider sponsoring our work and helping to preserve a uniquely Tongan point of view for our readers and listeners.

Latest news

Related news